16 Ways to Upcycle Canvas Bags
Canvas bags are the MUST have craft blank for summer. They’re uber cheap, easy to personalise and make great gifts. Plus, they’re not just for the beach or for shopping! If you’re planning on a handmade wedding, canvas bags make a cheap and unique alternative to traditional bridal favours – and they make great carriers for all your wool and yarn and other nomadic crafty bits and bobs too.
When it comes to design, whether you’d like to keep it fresh with a creation inspired by fruit, fancy getting stuck in with adhesive foam shapes, or want to make a whole batch by screen printing, the only limit is your imagination.
Let’s Get Making!…
Inspired by our canvas bag ideas? Here’s some step-by-step tutorials to help get you started!
- Single Pear Printed Canvas Bag
- Multi Pear Printed Canvas Bag
- Sewn Pear Bag
- Toadstool Canvas Bag
- Felt Tree Canvas Bag
- Flower Canvas Bag
- How to make an Ice Lolly Tote Bag
- How to Fabric Paint a Bright Flower Tote Bag
- How to tie dye a tote bag
- How to make a stenciled bugs tote bag
- How to make a patchwork tote bag
- How to make a photo transfer tote